Baking soda is one of those versatile products, which alongside vinegar can be used for all sorts of cleaning efforts. It’s got a number of great things going for it as a cleaner:
- Non-toxic cleaner that’s not poisonous and is often used in baking
- It can be used in a number of ways and replace all sorts of paid for cleaners
- It’s low in cost and a lot more efficient that other products.
Baking soda comes into its own in the kitchen, so let’s take a look at some of its amazing uses.
- Keeping a box of bowl of the powder in a fridge, cupboard or elsewhere will eliminate smells and odours and ensure the area smells fresh.
- Sprinkle a little baking soda in the bottom of your bin to keep things fresh.
- If you’re unfortunate enough to have grease or chip pan fire – baking soda can be used to put them out.
- Silver can also be cleaned with baking soda. All you have to do is to create a paste of three parts soda and one part water and then rub it onto the silver. Leave this for a few minutes and then use some warm water and a cloth to rinse it off and you should now have clean silver.
- Surfaces in the kitchen and elsewhere can be cleaned with baking soda. Just sprinkle it on the area and then wipe it in with a damp cloth. When this is done, you can then use clean water to rinse it off.
- Use a baking soda solution to clean combs and hairbrushes
- Use a mixture of one part baking soda and one part vinegar to clean out drains. The mixture creates a chemical reaction that will burn through dirt and grime. Just make sure to put the plug in after you put the vinegar down as it will bubble over otherwise.
- Sprinkle baking soda on carpets and the vacuum it off for fresh floors
- If you’ve pets, then put baking soda in the litter box or dog basket as it helps prevent it smelling.
- Use baking soda mixed with water to clean children’s toys and prevent them from smelling. Then rinse off with warm water.
- You can use a baking soda mixture in your pressure washer hire to clean off old garden furniture and other areas of the outside of the home. It’s prefect for cleaning off mildew with a little warm water too.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the BBQ grill to loosen the stains and the crusty bits that get stuck. Leave it for a few hours and the bits should come off easily.
- Baking soda keeps clothes fresh, so mix a half teaspoon into the laundry and the clothes will come out smelling great.
- If you’re using chlorine bleach with whites, add baking soda to increase the cleaning effect
- Add some to the hamper to improve the smell.
Baking soda is a low cost and efficient way to keep the inside and outside of your house clean, so why not invest in some.