Defrosting a fridge is one of the easiest maintenance tasks, it keeps your fridge working to its full potential and for longer too.
Check if you fridge comes with a defrosting guide or has a defrost setting. If so, follow your manufacturer’s guide.
- Unplug the fridge and leave the door open
- Take the food out and throw away anything that is past its due date, recycle containers
- Take out the shelves, put them in a sink with hot water and dishwashing liquid and clean them
- Melt the ice, drain or soak up the water using a mop or kitchen paper towels
- Clean the inside of the fridge, wiping down the walls, floor, shelves that can’t be removed using an antibacterial kitchen spray
- Put the shelves and food back in the fridge and turn it back on